Under 30 Minutes
Bocconcini and Tomato Salad
In this take on Italy's caprese salad, fresh parsley replaces the traditional basil and olives are added to give the dish a pleasantly briny element.
- 3 pints mixed small heirloom tomatoes (6 cups), halved or quartered if needed
- 2 1/2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls; 8 ounces), torn into pieces
- 1 1/3 cups mild green olives, such as Cerignola (6 ounces), pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine tomatoes, parsley, bocconcini, olives, oil, and vinegar in bowl, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, March 2011