Under 30 Minutes
Bocconcini and Tomato Salad
In this take on Italy's caprese salad, fresh parsley replaces the traditional basil and olives are added to give the dish a pleasantly briny element.
- 3 pints mixed small heirloom tomatoes (6 cups), halved or quartered if needed
- 2 1/2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls; 8 ounces), torn into pieces
- 1 1/3 cups mild green olives, such as Cerignola (6 ounces), pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine tomatoes, parsley, bocconcini, olives, oil, and vinegar in bowl, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.