Bocconcini are just bite-size morsels of fresh mozzarella. Look for them at specialty food stores and Italian markets, as well as many supermarkets; they're usually packaged in water or whey for freshness. Match these marinated bocconcini with sliced salami, grape tomatoes, pitted olives, or cantaloupe balls.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2007
- 1/2 pint bocconcini (about 20 balls)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon, peeled into long strips
- 4 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
In a medium bowl, combine bocconcini, oil, lemon zest, rosemary, red-pepper flakes, and salt. Let stand at room temperature, at least 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.