Grilled Chicken with Oregano and Lemon
This simple weeknight supper gets a sunny lift from lemon and fresh oregano and a crunch from hazelnuts.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2010
- 4 large chicken cutlets or 8 small (about 1 pound total)
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 2 sprigs plus 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 lemon, quartered, plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus wedges for serving (optional)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, garlic, and oregano sprigs. Add lemon quarters, squeezing juice into bowl as you go; season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Set a medium pot of salted water to boil. Heat grill pan or grill to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Remove chicken from marinade and grill until cooked through, about 3 minutes total, flipping once. Transfer cutlets to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package instructions. Drain orzo and transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in chopped oregano, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, oil, and hazelnuts; season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken and orzo with lemon wedges if desired.