Frisee and Baby-Spinach Salad
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2007
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small head frisee, torn into small pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups baby spinach (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 radishes, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 2 scallions (green parts only), cut on a bias into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
Whisk together lemon juice, parsley, mustard, and sugar in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified; set aside.
Toss together frisee, spinach, radishes, and scallions on a large platter. Just before serving, drizzle with some of the dressing. Serve remaining dressing on the side.