Under 30 Minutes
Chef's Salad with Turkey, Avocado, and Jack Cheese
Toss together this super-satisfying salad for a fast meal that won't weigh you down.
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large head Boston lettuce
- 1 pound sliced roasted turkey breast, torn into pieces
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts or pea shoots
- 6 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into strips (1 cup)
In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, sour cream, vinegar, and honey; season with salt and pepper. Set dressing aside.
Divide lettuce among four serving plates; top with turkey, avocado, sprouts, radishes, carrots, and cheese. Drizzle with dressing, and serve.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2008