Cranberry, Sour Cherry, and Grapefruit Chutney
Sweet-tart and spiced with cardamom and cloves, this chutney is delicious with any type of poultry or game bird, including duck and quail.
- Yield: Makes about 3 cups
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2008
- 1 bag (12-ounce) fresh or frozen (thawed) cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries
- 2 Ruby Red grapefruits, pith and peel removed, separated into segments
In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, vinegar, cardamom, cloves, and salt. Stir to combine well. Place over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until cranberries just begin to burst and soften, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat; stir in the cherries, and transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Let cool completely, then gently mix in grapefruit. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 5 days.