Roasted Bone Marrow with Fresh Horseradish Gremolata
Marrow bones need to be soaked before roasting. The bones can vary in size; smaller bones will cook more quickly than larger ones.
- 2 pounds marrow bones (2 to 3 inches each)
For the Gremolata
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1/2 baguette, thinly sliced and toasted
Place bones in a bowl with ice water, and refrigerate overnight, changing water once.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Drain bones, and pat dry. Stand bones upright on a rimmed baking sheet, and roast until marrow is slightly puffed and warmed through, 20 to 25 minutes.
Make the gremolata: Combine parsley, horseradish, and lemon zest in a small bowl. Stir in lemon juice and oil. Sprinkle marrow with salt, and serve immediately with baguette and horseradish gremolata.