Roasted Beets and Potatoes
This recipe for roasted beets and potatoes is courtesy of chef Jamie Oliver, and can be found in his book, "Cook with Jamie."
- Servings: 8
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2007
- 4 1/2 pounds red and yellow beets, scrubbed
- 4 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and halved crosswise
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- Small bunches fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Place beets in a large pot filled with salted water. Bring to a boil, and immediately reduce to a simmer, cook about 50 minutes.
Meanwhile, fill another large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add salt, return to a boil and add potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes and drain immediately.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drain beets and peel immediately. Cut each beet in half and add to a large bowl along with potatoes, garlic, thyme, vinegar and olive oil; toss to combine.
Place beets and potatoes in a large roasting pan; transfer to oven and cook until golden and tender, about 45 minutes. Serve immediately.