Source: The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2008
- 2/3 cups panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 pounds lean (7 percent) ground turkey, preferably organic
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place panko and milk in a large bowl; stir until well combined. Let stand 5 minutes.
Add turkey, onions, eggs, 1/4 cup ketchup, parsley, mustard, salt, sage, and pepper to breadcrumb mixture. Gently mix until well combined. Transfer mixture to a 9 3/4-inch-by-5 3/4-inch loaf pan. Brush top with remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup.
Transfer meatloaf to oven and bake, draining any accumulated juices as necessary, until it reaches 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours. Serve immediately or use to prepare sandwiches.