Try this creative egg and sourdough bread dish from Tini chef Darius Salko for a meal worthy of any occasion.
- 1 thin slice sourdough bread, about 1/4-inch thick
- Garlic Butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg, preferably fresh
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6 fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 scallion, trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal into 1 1/2-inch pieces, for serving
Preheat a broiler.
Brush both sides of bread lightly with garlic butter and cut into 1/4-inch cubes. Place bread cubes in a 4-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-low heat until toasted.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, parsley, and salt; season with pepper. When bread cubes begin to turn golden and garlic is fragrant, add egg mixture to skillet. Using a heatproof rubber spatula, gently pull the cooked eggs from the side of the skillet, tilting pan to let the raw egg take its place; cook until no raw egg remains.
Transfer to broiler and cook until egg is set, but still glossy, 10 to 15 seconds. Serve immediately, topped with scallion slices.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, April 2010