Easy Shallot Vinaigrette
This flavorful vinaigrette makes a delicious dressing for greens. It can also be used as a topping for steamed or roasted vegetables, as a marinade for poultry, meat, fish, or as a dressing for potato salad.
- Yield: Makes about 2/3 cup
Source: Everyday Food, December 2006
- 1 small shallot, peeled, finely minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano, (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk together shallot, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Slowly whisk in oil until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in oregano, if desired.