Warm Brussels Sprout Salad
This simple side of sauteed shredded brussels sprouts goes well with pork chops, sea scallops, or roasted chicken.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese (1/2 ounce)
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add brussels sprouts. Season with salt and pepper and cook, tossing often, until bright green and slightly wilted, about 3 minutes. Add lemon juice and transfer to a large bowl. Add cheese and 1 tablespoon oil; toss well to combine and season with salt and pepper.