Broccolini with Sesame and Ginger
Use broccolini in place of broccoli or asparagus in recipes, saute it with garlic or ginger, or serve it on a crudites tray. This side dish goes well with broiled fish or roasted or sauteed chicken.
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 bunches broccolini (about 1 pound), stalks halved lengthwise if large
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Heat a large skillet over medium. Add sesame seeds and toast, tossing, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
Return skillet to heat and add vegetable oil. Add broccolini, garlic, ginger, and water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccolini is crisp-tender, about 12 minutes. Add soy sauce and cook until it evaporates, 30 seconds. Top with sesame oil and sesame seeds.
SourceEveryday Food, October 2010