Broccolini with Sesame and Ginger
Broccolini is delicious when used in place of broccoli or asparagus in recipes. This side dish goes well with broiled fish or roasted or sauteed chicken.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October 2010
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 bunches broccolini (about 1 pound), stalks halved lengthwise if large
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Heat a large skillet over medium. Add sesame seeds and toast, tossing, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
Return skillet to heat and add vegetable oil. Add broccolini, garlic, ginger, and water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccolini is crisp-tender, about 12 minutes. Add soy sauce and cook until it evaporates, 30 seconds. Top with sesame oil and sesame seeds.