Honey glazes this simple side dish of roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, and parsnips with sweetness and sheen. Walnut halves and thyme sprigs roast along with the vegetables for additional fall flavor.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October 2010
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (1 pound total), peeled, halved, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 to 5 sprigs thyme
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a 3-quart baking dish, toss together sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, walnuts, honey, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Top with thyme sprigs and roast until vegetables are browned at edges and tender when pierced with a knife, about 1 hour.