Under 30 Minutes
Pasta with Cauliflower and Collards
Cauliflower and collards are good sources of vitamin C. For extra fiber, use whole-wheat pasta. Top the finished dish with a little Parmesan or pecorino cheese -- and perhaps a handful of toasted almonds or walnuts.
- Coarse salt
- 3/4 pound short pasta, such as rigatoni or penne
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 1 bunch collard greens, center ribs removed, leaves sliced crosswise
- Reserved roasted cauliflower, from Chicken with Cauliflower and Apples
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta.
Meanwhile, in a medium pot, heat oil over medium. Add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add collards and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green and crisp-tender, 8 minutes. Add cauliflower, lemon zest, and pasta. Cook until cauliflower and pasta are hot, stirring and adding enough pasta water to create a thin sauce that coats pasta, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with oil. Serve immediately.