Cut into the shape of a bat, these spooky sandwiches will be the hit of the Halloween party.
- Yield: Makes about 16
Source: Everyday Food, October 2010
- 3 cups grated sharp yellow cheddar (1/2 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese (1/4 pound)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 jar (4 ounces) pimento peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 32 thin slices pumpernickel or favorite sandwich bread
In a food processor, combine cheeses, mayonnaise, and mustard and process until smooth. Add pimentos; pulse until incorporated. (To store, refrigerate, up to 2 weeks.) Spread 2 tablespoons pimento cheese on each of 16 slices bread and top with remaining slices. With a cookie cutter, cut sandwiches into desired shape.