Gnocchi with Bacon and Tomato
Using our straightforward technique for making gnocchi, create quick and simple recipes like this dish of gnocchi tossed with bacon and fresh tomato sauce.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2010
- 5 slices bacon, thinly sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, cored and diced medium
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 batch Simple Potato Gnocchi
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Parmesan, shaved
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high until crisp. Drain on paper towels; pour out all but 2 teaspoons fat from skillet. Add tomatoes, garlic, and red-pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes begin to break down and sauce is chunky, 6 minutes. Add gnocchi and bacon. Toss until gnocchi are heated through and coated with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan; serve immediately.