- 2 lemons, halved, plus wedges for serving
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 large garlic head, halved horizontally
- 3 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 dried red chile
- Coarse salt or sea salt
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme, tied together with kitchen twine
- 1 pound new red potatoes, unpeeled, halved if large
- 4 ears corn, husked, halved crosswise
- 1 pound unpeeled large shrimp, shells slit lengthwise from top to halfway down back, deveined
- Hot sauce, for serving
Fill a large stockpot with 4 quarts water. Squeeze lemons into water; add rinds. Add bay leaves, seasoning, garlic, onions, chile, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Add potatoes; simmer 12 minutes. Add corn; simmer 5 minutes. Add shrimp; cover, and simmer until opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer ingredients to parchment paper or a bowl. Sprinkle with salt; serve with lemon and hot sauce.