Snow Pea-Sesame Meatloaf
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced medium (3/4 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/3 cups snow peas, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 celery stalk, diced medium (1/2 cup)
- 1 3/4 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork or turkey
- 6 scallion greens, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 to 2 slices white sandwich bread, diced medium (1 cup)
- 1 large egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion, garlic, snow peas, and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and vegetables begin to brown, 5 minutes. Add ginger and sesame oil, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
In a large bowl, combine pork, scallions, bread, and egg. Add vegetable mixture and season with 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Using your hands, mix until ingredients are combined. Transfer to a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet; form into a 4-by-10-inch loaf. Bake until meatloaf is cooked through, 40 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
SourceEveryday Food, November 2010