Make a classic cauliflower gratin that is perfect to serve at Thanksgiving but easy enough for any night. It goes well with seared pork shops and lamb.
Source: Everyday Food, November 2010
- 1 large head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, heavy cream, flour, and 3/4 cup grated Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish, cover tightly with foil, and bake 30 minutes. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup grated Parmesan and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over cauliflower. Dot with butter and bake, uncovered, until topping is golden brown and cauliflower is tender when pierced with a knife, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.