Baby Bok Choy with Chile and Garlic
This side is easy enough to make for the holidays or any night of the week. It goes well with tofu, steamed fish, or meatloaf.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, November 2010
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds baby bok choy, leaves separated
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Soy sauce
In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, 10 seconds. Add baby bok choy and cook, stirring frequently, until leaves are wilted and stems are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add red-pepper flakes and sesame oil. Season to taste with soy sauce and toss to combine.