Chocolate Espresso Dough
- Yield: Makes 19 ounces
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1998/1999
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely ground espresso beans
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, and espresso beans; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, combine butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes. Gradually beat in flour mixture, scraping down sides of bowl twice. Wrap in plastic; store, refrigerated, until ready to use.