Roasted Carrots and Potatoes with Dill
Roast a combination of carrots and potatoes for a simple holiday side dish. The high heat concentrates the sweetness of the carrots and makes the potatoes crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside. A flourish of brightly flavored fresh dill lifts the finished dish.
- 1 pound carrots, halved lengthwise if large and crosswise if long
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, halved if large
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with rack in lower third. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss carrots and potatoes with oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer and cook until vegetables are browned in spots and tender when pierced with a knife, 40 minutes, tossing halfway through. Toss with lemon juice and dill. Serve warm or at room temperature.