Under 30 Minutes
Pair this sweet and tangy relish with our Roast Turkey with Rosemary and Lemon. Use any leftovers as a sandwich spread or stirred into yogurt as a dip.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add shallot; cook, stirring constantly, until softened, 3 minutes. Add cranberries, pomegranate juice, and brown sugar; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have burst and sauce is slightly thickened, 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in pomegranate seeds (if using). Let cool to room temperature before serving.
SourceEveryday Food, November 2010