Use Jose Andres' mojo rojo as a dipping sauce for his Wrinkled Potatoes.
- Yield: Makes about 1/2 cup
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2009
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons sweet pimenton (Spanish smoked paprika)
- 2 dried guindilla peppers, or other dried chile peppers
- 1/2 cup Spanish extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry-wine vinegar
Using a mortar and pestle, mash the garlic and salt to a smooth paste. Add cumin, pimenton, and chile pepper; mash until well combined. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while continuing to mash, until all the olive oil is absorbed.
Turning the pestle in a slow, circular motion around the mortar, drizzle in 2 teaspoons water and vinegar. Keep at room temperature until ready to serve.