Under 30 Minutes
Both wooden and metal skewers are great for kebabs. Wooden skewers need to be soaked in water for 30 minutes before use.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 small onion, quartered and layers separated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grates
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 ounces dried chorizo sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
In a large bowl, combine pork, onion, oil, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Marinate at room temperature 1 hour (or refrigerate, up to overnight).
Heat grill to medium; clean and lightly oil hot grates. Onto four skewers, thread pork, onion, and chorizo, beginning and ending with pork; season with salt and pepper. Grill kebabs, covered, until pork is cooked through, 12 to 13 minutes, turning occasionally.