- Yield: Makes one 8-inch pie
- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1/2 recipe Pate Brisee
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon apple-cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out pie dough to 1/8 inch thick; place it in an 8-inch pie plate, and press into sides. Crimp as desired. Place in refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
Combine sugar, butter, eggs, vinegar, and vanilla in a medium bowl, and whisk until smooth. Pour into lined pie plate. Bake until crust is golden brown and center is set when touched with your finger, 55 to 60 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.