- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound cleaned squid bodies, cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 1 1/2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes (12 ounces)
- 3 celery stalks, peeled and chopped into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup tightly packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
Crumble saffron into 2 cups of cold water in a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Stir in rice and 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff rice and transfer to a bowl to cool.
Whisk together lime and orange juices, olive oil, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and cumin. Pour over cooled rice and mix to combine.
Bring a saucepan of cold water to a boil. Add remaining teaspoon salt and squid. Cook until squid is completely opaque, about 30 seconds. Drain and plunge into a bowl of ice water. Drain again, pat dry, and add to rice. Toss with remaining ingredients and serve.