Sweet peaches replace traditional tomatoes in this savory fruit soup.
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- 6 ripe peaches (about 2 1/2 pounds), peeled, halved, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or cilantro
- Garnish: finely chopped red bell pepper and Hass avocado
Pulse 1/2 cup water, the peaches, cucumber, garlic, vinegar, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processor until coarsely pureed. Thin with more water if desired. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Season with vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir in herbs. Garnish with bell pepper and avocado. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt.