This great recipe, courtesy of Tom Douglas, is a great addition to any salmon dish.
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons peeled julienned ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon good-quality sake
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ginger and shallots and cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup sake and bring to a boil; cook until reduced by 2/3, about 3 minutes. Add heavy cream, bring to a boil; cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add remaining butter in batches, whisking constantly. Once all the butter has been incorporated and mixture is thick and creamy, remove from heat. Whisk in remaining 1 teaspoon sake and lime juice; season with salt.