Asian Pear Salad
Delicious as a simple snack, Asian pears also work well with savory and sweet dishes. Its snappy texture is good with greens, prosciutto, and dates in a seasonal salad.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2003
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 dried dates, pitted and quartered lengthwise
- 8 paper-thin slices prosciutto (about 4 ounces), cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup (about 8 sprigs) loosely packed mint leaves
- 1 Asian pear, cored and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 4 cups (about 11 ounces) mixed frisee, baby arugula, and other small greens
In a large bowl, toss together greens, dates, prosciutto, mint, and pear. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and oil; season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture over salad. Toss to combine well, and serve immediately.