Coconut-Key Lime Pie
A classic Key lime pie gets upgraded for the holidays with coconut milk in the filling. If that wasn't enough, the dessert is gilded with toasted shredded coconut sprinkled on top of a billowy whipped cream topping.
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, November 2010
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup fresh or bottled Key lime juice
- 7 large egg yolks
- 1 Easy Press-In Pie Crust, made with graham crackers
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together condensed milk, coconut milk, lime juice, and egg yolks until smooth. Pour into crust and bake until set but still slightly wobbly in center, 40 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack, 1 1/2 to 2 hours, then refrigerate 3 hours (or up to 1 day).
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream and sugar on high until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. To serve, top pie with whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut.