Vegetable Lo Mein
Make this easy Chinese take-out favorite for a solo dinner at home.
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food, November 2010
- 2 ounces lo mein noodles
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup cremini or button mushrooms, trimmed, halved if large
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups tightly packed spinach leaves (4 ounces), torn
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
In a medium pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain noodles and place in a bowl of cold water. In a medium nonstick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add scallion, ginger, and garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain noodles and add to skillet along with spinach. Toss until spinach wilts and noodles are warmed through. Add soy sauce and sesame oil and toss to combine.