Garden Vegetable Couscous
You can use any variety of bell pepper or cherry tomato in this recipe.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Anita Calero
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1998
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 small orange bell pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 4 small scallions, white and light-green parts only
- 12 small yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus grated zest for garnish (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place couscous in a medium heatproof bowl. Pour 1 cup boiling water over the couscous, cover, and let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Cut bell pepper into 1-inch-long matchsticks, and add to the warm couscous. Thinly slice the scallions crosswise, and add to the bowl. Add cherry tomatoes.
In a small bowl, whisk olive oil and lemon juice together. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over couscous, vegetables, and toss. Garnish with lemon zest, if desired, and serve.