Spaghetti with Ramps
This delicious recipe for spaghetti with ramps comes from chef Mario Batali.
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2007
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound dry spaghetti or linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 8 ounces fresh ramps, white root ends and green leafy tops separated
- 1 to 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons salt and return to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook according to package direction, until tender but still al dente.
Heat olive oil in a 12-to-14-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add root ends from ramps to pan and cook, stirring, until tender. Season with red pepper flakes and salt. Add leafy greens from ramps and cook, stirring, until wilted.
Drain pasta and add to skillet. Toss gently to coat pasta with sauce. Divide pasta evenly between 4 warmed plates. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Serve immediately.