Oyster Omelet Ashraf
This recipe is courtesy of Zak Pelaccio of Fatty Crab.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 pinch of coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 medium oysters, shucked and reserved in their liquid
- Kecap manis, for serving
- Sriracha sauce, for serving
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro, leaves picked
Line a plate with paper towels; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, soy sauce, and salt. Heat a wok over high heat until very hot; add oil, swirling to coat. When oil begins to smoke, add egg mixture; fry, swirling pan to cook eggs until browned on one side, slightly runny on the top.
Place oysters on top of omelet; using a metal spatula, turn over, and cook a few seconds more. Slide omelet onto prepared plate to drain. Turn out omelet onto a serving pate. Garnish with kecap manis, Sriracha, scallions, and cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.