- 4 cups homemade or low-sodium canned chicken stock
- 1/2 pound wild mushrooms, such as shiitake, hen-of-the-woods, cremini, and oyster, cleaned and trimmed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 small Yukon gold potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 large warm Poached Eggs Poached Eggs
- 2 cups warm Spinach Coulis
- Truffle oil, for garnish (optional)
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half on the diagonal and cooked
- 8 pieces toasted brioche (3 1/3 inches by 1/3 inch)
- 8 sprigs fresh lovage, finely julienned
In a small saucepan, combine stock and wild mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine dried mushrooms and cream in a small saucepan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until reduced by 1/3; set aside. Add potato to stock mixture, and cook until very tender, about 15 minutes. Working in batches, transfer stock mixture to a blender with garlic and rosemary. Puree until very smooth. Slowly add reduced cream mixture, and puree until smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan, and keep warm.
Evenly distribute spinach coulis between 8 large martini glasses. Place an egg in each glass. Cover with some of the mushroom soup. Drizzle with truffle oil. Garnish with bacon, brioche, and lovage. Serve immediately.