Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
Use the extra shrimp, tomato sauce, and feta from Tomato and Shrimp Pasta with Feta to make this delicious and quick lunch.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2006
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 thinly sliced scallions
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large frozen shrimp, thawed, tails removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 4 ounces feta cheese
Preheat oven to 475 degrees with rack set in upper third. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add scallions, garlic, and oregano; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add tomatoes. Cook over medium, stirring occasionally, until no liquid remains in skillet, 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Add shrimp and mint to skillet. Stir to combine; transfer to an 8-inch square (or other shallow 2-quart) baking dish. Crumble feta over top.
Bake until liquid is bubbling, cheese is beginning to brown, and shrimp in center of dish are opaque, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with Orzo and Green Beans, sprinkled with additional chopped mint.