Capellini with Shrimp, Peppers, and Salami
Red, orange, and yellow peppers work best here, adding sweetness and sunny color to angel-hair pasta. Adjust the amount of peperoncini to suit your family's taste.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, December Winter 2007
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 mixed bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 pound frozen large shrimp (peeled and deveined), thawed
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Genoa salami, cut into strips (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup peperocini, stems removed, thinly sliced crosswise
- 8 ounces capellini pasta (angel-hair)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add bell peppers, and cook, tossing, until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add shrimp, and cook, tossing, until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in salami and pepperoncini; season with salt and pepper.
Cook pasta until al dente; drain, and return to pot. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pasta in pot; season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Serve pasta topped with shrimp mixture and pan juices.