Under 30 Minutes
Chicken Cutlets with Mustard Greens and Roasted Squash
You can use Swiss chard, spinach, or collard greens in place of the mustard greens in this dish. Try pork or turkey cutlets in place of the chicken.
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 3/4 pound total)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches mustard greens, thick stems removed, coarsely chopped
- Reserved acorn squash from Glazed Pork Chops and Squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1/2 ounce)
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, oregano, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Let sit 10 minutes. (To store, transfer to a zip-top bag and freeze, up to 5 days.) Discard garlic. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Cook chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes, flipping once. Transfer to a plate and tent loosely with foil to keep warm.
Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet; add mustard greens and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until greens are tender, 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat broiler with rack in middle. Place squash in an 8-inch square broilerproof baking dish and top with Parmesan. Broil until top is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Serve squash with chicken and greens.