Quick Vegetable Scramble on Toast
Start your day off right with a healthy breakfast in the morning. This vegetable and egg scramble packs protein and flavor into one hearty serving.
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food, December 2010
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 small red onion, diced medium
- 1/4 small red bell pepper, diced medium
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large egg plus 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar
- 1 slice whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
In a small nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until onion is translucent, 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add eggs and cheese and cook, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, until eggs are set and cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon over toast and sprinkle with parsley.