Under 30 Minutes
Tortellini In Broth with Swiss Chard and Pecorino
Cooking the rind of a hard cheese in this brothy soup adds extra savory flavor.
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2-inch piece Pecorino Romano rind (optional), plus 1/4 cup shaved cheese for serving
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) cheese tortellini
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, ribs and stems removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Lemon wedges (optional), for serving
In a medium pot, bring broth, rind (if using), and 3 cups water to a boil. Add tortellini and cook according to package instructions. During last minute of cooking, add chard and cook until tender. Remove rind; serve soup with shaved cheese and lemon wedges if desired.
SourceEveryday Food, December 2010