These mini bean-and-veggie burgers take inspiration from Vietnamese banh mi sandwiches. Blended beans and rice are the basis of these sliders, which are supercharged with grated carrots, broccoli, and ginger. Top them with cilantro and sliced mango for the brightest burgers ever.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 12
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2011
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans from Pot of Beans
- 1 cup steamed jasmine or basmati rice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup shredded broccoli
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 recipe flavor base from Pot of Beans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 small whole-wheat rolls, split
- Chili Mayonnaise (see Cook's Note), lettuce, mango, and red onion, for garnish
Pulse beans in a food processor until mixture resembles ground meat. Pulse in rice. Stir bean mixture in a bowl with carrot, broccoli, ginger, cilantro, and flavor base. Form into twelve 2 1/2-inch round patties (1/4 cup each). Cook in hot oil over medium-high heat until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Sandwich in rolls, adding garnishes.