To add more flavor and flair to these mini pizzas, top them with goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, or salami after baking.
- Yield: Makes 32
Source: Everyday Food, December 2010
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella (5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes (optional)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat each of 2 rimmed baking sheets with extra-virgin olive oil. Divide prepared pizza dough into 32 pieces. On a lightly floured work surface, press each piece into a 2-inch round with the palm of your hand. Transfer to sheets, flipping once to coat lightly in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Divide mozzarella, olives, and artichoke hearts among rounds. Sprinkle with red-pepper flakes, if using. Bake until cheese is bubbling and dough is crisp and golden brown, about 12 minutes.