Most tasks can be handled with just a few adhesives, but some projects require a special glue for optimal results. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Two Part Epoxy (drying time: 1 hour) Excellent for joining anything to nonporous materials. About the strongest bond achievable. Requires mixing. Cleans up with acetone. Allow good ventilation. Keep out of children's reach.
2. Rubber Cement (drying time: 3 minutes) Good for clean results on paper projects; excess can be rubbed off surfaces when dry. Do not use on photographs. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep out of children's reach.
3. Coccoina Paste (drying time: 3 minutes) Comes with an applicator brush inside the container. Great for thin papers and photographs. Nontoxic.
4. Krazy Glue (drying time: 3 minutes) Works on all nonporous materials, including metal, vinyl, and plastic. Only a tiny amount needed; must be held for thirty seconds. Bonds to skin; clean with acetone. Keep out of children’s reach.
5. Tacky Glue (drying time: 10 minutes) Has a thick consistency; good for heavier items such as buttons and beads. Can be used as a cool, safe alternative to a hot glue gun in many projects. Nontoxic.
6. China & Glass Cement (drying time: 16 hours) Especially for semiporous materials such as china, ceramics, and crystal. Excess cleans with a damp cloth. Dishwasher safe. Odorless. Nontoxic.