Under 30 Minutes
Tomato, Scallion, and Cheddar Frittata
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar (1 1/2 ounces)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add scallions and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook about 5 minutes.
Add eggs and cheese, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Cook, undisturbed, until edges are set, about 2 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until top of frittata is just set, 10 to 13 minutes.
Invert or slide frittata onto a plate and cut into 6 wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SourceEveryday Food, January/February 2011