The economical egg is a great base for all sorts of hearty flavors; our versatile frittata recipe can be made with a variety of ingredients for an easy meal anytime.Also try: Spinach, Onion, and Bacon Frittata, Ham, Zucchini, and Gruyere Frittata, and Tomato, Scallion, and Cheddar Frittata.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2011
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 leek (white and light-green parts only), halved lengthwise, rinsed well, and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 cups cooked, cubed, peeled potato
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add leek and potato, season with salt and pepper, and cook until leek is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add eggs and ricotta, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Cook, undisturbed, until edges are set, about 2 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until top of frittata is just set, 10 to 13 minutes. Invert or slide frittata onto a plate and cut into 6 wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.