Ham, Zucchini, and Gruyere Frittata
Whip up a frittata for brunch, or serve one with a leafy green salad for a light dinner.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2011
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped sliced deli ham (5 ounces)
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch half-moons (2 cups)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add ham and zucchini, season with salt and pepper, and cook about 5 minutes.
Add eggs and cheese, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Cook, undisturbed, until edges are set, about 2 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until top of frittata is just set, 10 to 13 minutes. Invert or slide frittata onto a plate and cut into 6 wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.