Goat Cheese and Mango Quesadillas
Tangy goat cheese and tropical mango make a distinctive pairing inside whole-wheat tortillas.
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2011
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (6-inch)
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Spread goat cheese on tortillas. Divide mango, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro on one half of each tortilla. Fold tortilla over filling.
Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high. Working in batches, cook quesadillas until cheese softens and tortillas are crisp and browned in spots, 1 to 2 minutes per side (if skillet begins to scorch, reduce heat to medium). Transfer quesadillas to a cutting board and cut each into 4 wedges. Serve immediately.