Use your broiler instead of the outdoor grill to make these cheeseburger sliders and get your summer fix any time of year.
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2011
- 1 pound ground beef chuck (95 percent lean)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 slices cheddar (2 ounces)
- 8 whole-wheat dinner rolls, split and lightly toasted
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 16 dill pickle chips
- 3 tablespoons mustard
Heat broiler, with rack in top position. Divide beef into 8 balls. Press each lightly to form 1/2-inch-thick patties and season both sides with salt and pepper. Broil patties about 5 minutes for medium. Remove from oven and top each with a cheese slice. Broil until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and mustard.